Confidence & Self Esteem Counselling
A healthy self-esteem is a critical part of psychological wellbeing. Based on how we value, feel, and consider ourselves, good self-esteem is essential for a happy, balanced lifestyle.
People often feel low self-esteem and confidence at some point (or points) in their life. Frequently, people are susceptible to forming negative opinions of themselves during adolescence, but these can also develop in adulthood during stressful periods or when things haven’t gone quite according to plan. We should all remember that these feelings are simply opinions and not facts.
Signs of Low Self-Esteem
Low self-esteem can manifest itself in many ways, including:
- Doubting yourself and your abilities
- Feeling depressed, guilty or ashamed
- Often putting yourself down for faults that may not exist
- Blaming yourself for events outside of your control
- Avoiding opportunities, challenges, or social interactions for fear of failing
- Being sensitive of criticism and overly self-conscious
- Having a pessimistic view on life
Regaining your Confidence and Self Esteem
Self-esteem counselling focuses on discovering why your negative feelings and the associated feelings have developed. By identifying the problem’s source, your psychologist can assist you in understanding your self-image and help formulate a plan for improving this view, promoting self-belief and the ability to become the person you wish to be.
Increase your self-worth and self-belief – make an appointment for self-esteem counselling today.