Free Yourself From Addiction With Our Help
Addiction stems from the desire to take away the pain, both physically and emotionally. It makes you forget the discomfort you’re experiencing. However, the relief it provides is temporary. Nonetheless, the pleasure you get is what drives you to do it again and again.
Chances are you wouldn’t think much of it at the start. You are confident that you can stop yourself at any time you want. However, you should be aware that many people who fall into addiction think the same way. As a result, they become too dependent and are unable to control their addiction.
Different Forms of Addiction
It’s essential to understand that addictions come in many forms. Hence, it’s not limited to substance abuse like drugs or alcohol. Dependence on drugs and alcohol is alarming. Some common addictions include:
- Substance and Drug Abuse: Substance abuse of drugs and alcohol can be scary due to their ability to alter your state of mind. Moreover, addiction to illegal drugs comes with legal consequences.
- Shopping Addiction: A few trips to the casino or the mall can be relaxing and pleasurable. However, it can turn into an addiction and can cost you a hefty price.
- Sex Addiction: Sex is the physical expression of love. However, it can become an addiction for some who want to experience the excitement brought on by first-time encounters. When this happens, you risk infection of a sexually transmitted disease.
- Internet Addiction: Internet use is educational and entertaining. However, when you devote all your time to being online and neglect the real world, then it becomes an addiction.
- Pornography Addiction: Porn addiction has become prevalent with the internet. People who are addicted to viewing explicit material have easier access to it. The compulsion may or may not extend to masturbation. It can also lead to hostility if forced to stop viewing porn.
When addiction is overblown, it can be hard to break free of the behavior. In this case, it’s best to seek professional intervention at People Psychology in the Melbourne CBD.
Professional Addiction Therapy and Counseling
An overblown addiction can be too much for anyone to handle alone. Even if your loved ones are helpful, the risk of a relapse is possible. This is why it’s important to seek assistance from the professionals at People Psychology in the Melbourne CBD. Our psychologist can assist you through the process. Counseling process starts with:
- Identifying the underlying reason for your addiction.
- Identify what triggers your addictive actions.
- Provide you with relevant methods to make sure you remain in control of your addiction and not the other way around.
- Present you with strategies on how to cope with day to day challenges.
- Offer ways to change your pattern of thinking from negative to positive.
As a result, your chances of defeating your addiction are greater. Moreover, you regain the ability to live your life without the need or desire to depend on anything else.
The psychological treatments offered by the registered psychologists at People Psychology in the Melbourne CBD entitles clients to Medicare rebates. It’s part of the initiative of the Australian Government under its Better Access to Mental Health Care program.
Contact People Psychology in the Melbourne CBD today if you or your loved one suffers from any form of addiction. You don’t have to live with your addiction anymore.