Let Us Help Your Child Be Happy Again
Challenges are typical in life. Adults face it every day. If you can manage the stress that comes with different events and situations, then you’re fortunate. You come out stronger. You’ll be able to face other trials to come your way.
Imagine a child going through similar challenges. At a young age, children should be free from adult stress. However, it’s not always the case. Even with the love and support of a child’s parents, sometimes it’s not enough when faced with a difficult situation.
In fact, some parents aren’t equipped with the ability to handle the challenges their child is up against. This is why you might become upset or angry when dealing with your child’s problems. As a result, the child becomes less forthcoming and fearful of the consequences. In this case, it’s imperative to seek professional help.
Signs Your Child Needs Counseling
It’s not always easy to know if your child’s problems merit the intervention of a healthcare professional. People Psychology in the Melbourne CBD advises parents to be on the lookout for any of the following signs.
- Your child is withdrawn and chooses to isolate themselves from others including family and friends – when this happens, be mindful of what your child says such as, “I have no friends” or “Everyone hates me”.
- In the case of parents’ separating or a divorce, the child blames themselves for why it happened.
- Your child loses their appetite – it can result in overeating or eat small portions. Your child might experience stomachaches.
- Your child’s sleep patterns become irregular because of their fears and anxieties – the lack of sleep or oversleeping can cause severe headaches.
- Your child shows regressive behavior – rather than gaining independence and confidence, your child becomes clingy and might revert to bedwetting.
- Your child encounters difficulties in school and misbehaves towards teachers and classmates – it’s a clear sign your child struggles with their emotions.
- Your child becomes self-destructive.
If you start to notice any signs or a combination of these above, then it might be time to consult with the qualified psychologists at People Psychology in the Melbourne CBD.
We Provides Professional Counseling Services for Children
It might not be easy to accept the need to take your child to see a counselor. However, every parent only wants what is best for their child. If you feel this way, then your best option may be the professional help from our psychologists at People Psychology.
Our child counseling services are designed to provide a neutral environment where your child can speak without fear or hesitation. Treatments involving children require the active participation of parents. Additional sessions with a parent in attendance are essential. As a parent, your supporting role extends outside the clinic and in the home. You will also provide valuable feedback to the counselor about your child’s progress throughout their treatment.
If your child is going through challenges, don’t hesitate or delay the help they need. Contact People Psychology in the Melbourne CBD today so your child can be able to enjoy a carefree and happy childhood tomorrow. Call Now!