Strengthen your Partnership with Marriage and Couples Counseling
No relationship is perfect. However, the conscious effort of both partners to work at it can make it feel this way. As a result, it creates a more profound and stronger connection. Then again, not all couples are the same.
Do you find now both of you are always arguing over the things you used to agree on? Consequently, do you find the two of you are slowly distancing yourselves from one another – physically and emotionally. Any number of situations can affect a couple’s marriage or relationship. Some of these may include:
- You plan to start a family, or you and your partner are blending your families from previous relationships.
- You have small children to raise.
- Both or one of you is under a lot of pressure at work.
- Your financial situation as a couple is stressing both of you.
- One of you is dealing with anxiety, depression or any other mental health issue.
The stress and conflict arising from any of these situations can cause a rift in a relationship. If left unchecked, then it could lead to a separation. However, all is not lost. Couples can look towards counseling to help them through the issues they’re having. People Psychology in the Melbourne CBD offers advice to couples who want to give their relationship a fighting chance.
What Marriage and Couple Counseling Can Do For You and Your Partner?
People Psychology in the Melbourne CBD understands that it’s not always easy for anyone to talk with a counselor. It becomes even harder in marriage and couples counseling when one partner is reluctant to take part in the sessions. However, rest assured we can still help you and your relationship get back on track.
Our therapists will hold individual sessions with you in this case. It can be a starting point in your relationship’s healing process. Your progress in the meetings could eventually encourage your partner to join you for a couple’s session. So, don’t lose hope. Your commitment to work on your relationship is the first step in the right direction.
At People Psychology in the Melbourne CBD, our psychologists will work together with you and your partner to create an ideal treatment plan. Some of the things that we may discuss in a session could be:
- Looking at the problems that have affected your relationship in the past and examine what issues remain.
- Establish healthier lines of communication between you and your partner.
- Encourage both of you to let go of past hurts and move on as a couple.
- Set team and individual goals for both of you to work on to help restore your mental connection as a couple to start working together as one.
- Identify ways on how the two of you can reconnect with one another as a couple, and how to achieve harmony and restore balance in your relationship.
- Practice stress management techniques to reduce existing and future conflicts.
Our psychologists can provide a safe and impartial setting for you and your partner to discuss issues confronting your relationship. Likewise, we also offer support to the LGBT+ community. Relationships are worth saving when you genuinely love the person you’re with. Contact People Psychology in the Melbourne CBD to talk with one of our experienced couples’ counselors.