Fight Depression and Live For A Happier Future
When you’re sad, sometimes all it takes is a quick pick me up or a diversion to make you happy. And so, it’s an opportune time to get together with people who love you and who are always there to cheer you up. It can be an excuse to indulge yourself. However, if you still feel sad even after doing what you used to love, then it could be a sign of depression.
People who are sad and who can’t get over it can feel paralyzed. They are unable to move forward and remain stuck in their depression. As a result, you might experience any of these symptoms.
- You might have one of these sleep problems like insomnia or difficulty sleeping, you fall asleep at once, but you always wake up in the early morning, you experience hypersomnia or over-sleeping.
- Your appetite changes – you might become a binge eater, or you overeat, or you lose your appetite altogether.
- You feel sluggish all the time even after a good rest.
- You lose interest in activities that previously brought you pleasure.
- You avoid friends and family.
If you or someone you love is experiencing any or all of these symptoms for over two weeks, then it might be ideal to seek professional help. The trained team of Psychologists at People Psychology in the Melbourne CBD are ready and able to assist you or someone you love overcome depression. We can help you regain a highly functional life like you used to have before.
Help Fight Depression With Our Help
The struggle to get over depression is real. In fact, many are unable to recover from it. As a result, they fall deeper into their despair and lose hope. When this happens, some may turn to substance abuse to cope with the problem. However, this path can cause more significant issues.
Remember, when left unchecked, your depression can affect your relationships and cause you more considerable stress at work. It will affect your finances and lifestyle and can even be life threatening. People Psychology in the Melbourne CBD offers a multi-modal treatment plan to address depression. Each program is designed to the specific problems of a client. Here’s how we can help you through your depression.
- Identify the causes of your depression and provide you with the appropriate strategies to cope with each one.
- Offer a caring, supportive environment where you feel safe and confident to share your problems.
- Build your resilience through a strengths-based approach.
- Engage with you so don’t feel isolated by your depression
- Give you strategies to improve your thoughts. Remember a cynical point of view can feed your depression and cause you to fall deeper into it.
Depression can immobilize you. Break free of your unending sadness and seek help as soon as possible. The trained Psychologists at People Psychology in the Melbourne CBD are ready to assist you. Aside from our training and implementation of proven therapies, our healthcare professionals can also make you feel comfortable, safe and supported. You feel more encouraged to share your concerns which is helpful in formulating a customized treatment plan for you.
Contact People Psychology in the Melbourne CBD today to learn more about our multi-modal treatment plan. Saturday appointments are also accommodated. Let us help you fight back against depression. Call Now!