For some people, maintaining a healthy weight range is a constant struggle. You may be overweight or obese, battle with losing or maintaining weight loss, have distorted body image or have troublesome eating patterns. All these issues have a negative impact on your health and wellbeing and can lead to feelings of depression, guilt and being ‘out of control’.
Symptoms of Weight Management Issues
Counselling can help with weight management if you:
- Are overweight or obese
- Have a tendency to ‘crash diet’ or not lose weight safely
- Struggle to maintain your weight loss
- See yourself as weighing more than you actually do
- Have troublesome eating patterns such as bingeing, restrictive dieting or purging.
- Have depression or low self-esteem as a result of your struggle with weight achieving Your Weight Management Goals
Your People Psychology Psychologist can help support you in your weight management goals. Counselling can be effective in helping you learn ways to safely lose weight and maintain weight loss.
A psychologist can also assist you with setting realistic and achievable weight loss goals, developing the skills to manage set backs or slip ups, and encourage you to develop a more positive body image.
People Psychology also provides counselling for Eating Disorders.