Ray is an Organisational and Supervising Psychologist – AHPRA endorsed – with 25 years experience in general psychology practice. He empathetically engages with clients across the life span. His clients include couples, adolescents and families and adults in diverse contexts. Applying his extensive experience in working within and alongside community, professional, national and international organizations, Ray especially assists clients and managers at the interface of their workplace and personal lives. He is known for his signature work in coaching for leadership development, and for his founding of the high impact Coaching Psychology Interest Group of the Australian Psychological Society.
He helps with:
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
Reflective Rogerian Counselling.
Assisting greater individual emotional regulation.
Narrative coaching for personal identity development.
Strengths-based coaching for improved conflict management.
Grief, bereavement and change: recovery from trauma.
Strengthening cognitive functioning for executive brain decision-making.
Impartial exploration of religious and philosophical belief systems for personal well-being.
Personal and social rituals and the creation of meaning.
Group processes and development.
Ethical decision-making within the field of applied ethics: individuals, groups and organisations.
Psychological education about:
- stressors analysis and associated strain outcomes;
- pandemic impacts and enhancing the practice of self- and other- compassion;
- the impacts of social media;
- the Internet and predator victim vulnerability.
And generally in the practice of evidence-based applied psychology …
- Anxiety and depression therapy / counselling.
- Stress management training / coaching for enhanced personal wellbeing and effectiveness.
- Psychoanalytic and psychodynamic therapy.
- Personality adjustment disorders.
- Relationship audits to assist rapid couple identification of critical issues impeding growth.
Ray encourages clients to become active participants in counselling sessions. He assists people to clarify and attain their desired or needed developmental goals – providing psychological education to transfer skills and knowledge.